This is the First Thing Inspirational Leaders Feed Every Single Day￼
The most inspiring leaders of all time are intentional about feeding their minds.
Here are some ways to be intentional and purposeful about feeding our minds:
- Have a thirst for new knowledge
- Be hungry to learn all you can about every facet of your business
- Challenge yourself to learn new skills in and outside of work
- Read books, listen to podcasts, attend conferences
- Gain perspective from colleagues, friends, and family
- Mentor others and seek mentorship from people you respect
- Give yourself time to relax your mind, free of thoughts and stress
As leaders, when we stop learning, we stop leading. The other reason it’s so beneficial to feed our minds is, that the more we gain new knowledge, understanding, skills, and mental capacity, the better our mindset becomes.
Leadership and life, to a large extent, is a mindset game. It goes back to emotional intelligence and how our brain functions in concert with our thoughts and feelings.
“If you feed your mind as often as you feed your stomach, then you’ll never have to worry about feeding your stomach or a roof over your head or clothes on your back.”
~ Albert Einstein, Theoretical physicist